Sunday, September 19, 2021

The disciples of Jesus from the Kurdish people Dr Josimar Salum



The disciples of Jesus from the Kurdish people

Dr Josimar Salum


Last Friday (September 17, 2021) here in Beirut I had a powerful experience.  


About 23 years ago, my friend Pastor David Botelho, lĂ­der of Horizon Mission in Brazil, shared with me about the Kurds and the Druses, two peoples who at that time we were not aware of any disciple of Jesus among them.  


Since then I have always prayed for these people.  


In 2011 when I was in Egypt, two Syrian pastors witnessed the conversion of at least 300 Kurds who saw Jesus in person, without anyone preaching to them.  


I've never been with any of them. And all pastors from our team were selected to preach in different churches. I don’t think that in my case was a coincidence.


Last Friday at the dinner we hosted for pastors in Lebanon my Lebanese best friend Raffoul Najem came to introduce the pastor I would be with on Sunday morning to preach at the church he leads.  


To my surprise he was a Kurdish pastor.  


I started to cry because I heard Jesus saying: They are also the fruit of your prayers!  Great is the name of the Lord Jesus ! Look how wonderful!  Men, women, whole families, young people ! Jesus !  Jesus !


And today I preached this morning for a whole community of Kurds, disciples of Jesus. 


“I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. Psalms‬ ‭2:7-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬


To Jesus be all the glory!


#ASONE






No comments:

Post a Comment